Skip to main content

Preschool!



After a lot of thought and consideration we've decided to enroll Hailey in preschool! This is not an easy decision for me, because I love being with her all day everyday but its just another stepping stone for the both of us. This will be the first of many! It is a christian preschool that is connected to the Lutheran church just down the road. Mike, Hailey and I got to meet with a few of the teachers, the secretary and the Pastor and I had good feelings from everyone there. Hailey got a tour of the school and she didn't want to leave! She loved all of the crafts and toys in every classroom. When we went back to the office to sign her up she was begging to go to the classroom with the teachers.. that made me feel good. She will be going Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-12. This will give me a chance to do the things at home that normally take time away from her so the rest of the day I can devote my time and attention to her, because that's what I want to do anyways! Wish us luck as we venture on this new journey! Oh yeah.. does this mean we get to go school shopping?!?! I think it does!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Foster Care Journey

I was recently asked to write a blog, post, status, to write something, anything, about our foster care journey.  Its taken longer than planned because honestly, I have no idea what to write.  I wanted it to be more than a facebook status, so I decided to look up my blog that I started 8 years ago.  It just so happens that in May of 2010 I wrote about the VERY beginning of our foster care journey.  Our decision to walk this crazy walk of foster care has been on my mind for years.  I can remember being very young and saying I was going to adopt one day, of course nobody took me seriously.  Where I'm from people just don't do this.  Foster Care isn't a huge need and nobody that I knew was adopted. 
Fast forward several years and many friendships later, I now have a circle of friends who have chosen this path for their life as well.  I can tell you right now, I couldn't do any of this alone and having friends and acquaintances who truly "get it" is the only way w…

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give"

"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something"

We've been thinking a lot lately about "dreams." We all have dreams as we are growing up. My dreams have always been pretty simple; get married, have babies, and be fortunate enough to help those in need. I've gotten married, I've had a baby.. hopefully we will have more, and I've always done what I can to help friends and family. But lately I've been having this urge to do more. I'm not fortunate enough to have loads of money to give to charities or those less fortunate, but I do have other ways of helping. Soooo.... after much consideration and conversations late at night we have decided to do foster care! I know what some of you are thinking.. Im crazy! And that may be true... but I couldn't be more excited about it! This is a special type of foster care that only cares for newborn babies from the time they leave the hospital until they get adopted. Normally you will have…