Skip to main content

Hailey is 2!

Welcome back! The past few weeks have been great! We had visits from friends and family and it has been wonderful to see people from home. Hailey's birthday was August 10th and she turned the big 2:) In case anyone was wondering.. the terrible twos actually started about 6 months or so ago! The following weekend we had family and friends in town to help us celebrate. We held her birthday at a park and it she had so much fun.. and got waaay too many gifts, but she appreciated them all! Although the party was fun, the best part was having family here with us. I love seeing family but it makes me miss home so much more. The past few weeks we were realizing that summer was coming to an end and that we'd better make the most of it. We have been going to the beach a couple of times a week ( i know, I live a hard life!) We have also been going to the park and playing with her 4 wheeler she got for her birthday. I have said this at every stage Hailey has gone through, but this is the best so far! She is so much fun and makes us laugh constantly! Some of the things she does and says are so witty, I wonder where she gets it from??? Hailey also started gymnastics, which she is so good at! I was very impressed that such a little girl could be so strong. She walks across the beam like she has done it a million times and she can swing on the bars just like a little monkey. Last week we were even lucky enough for my mom and step dad to visit for the long weekend. It was a last minute surprise. We got to stay in Solomons Island with them and just had a little vacation for the weekend. It was much needed! We did the whole "vacation" thing, went swimming, ate way too much food.. the usual:) Everything is pretty boring around here otherwise.. I take that back.. a moment with Hailey is never boring!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give"

"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something" We've been thinking a lot lately about "dreams." We all have dreams as we are growing up. My dreams have always been pretty simple; get married, have babies, and be fortunate enough to help those in need. I've gotten married, I've had a baby.. hopefully we will have more, and I've always done what I can to help friends and family. But lately I've been having this urge to do more. I'm not fortunate enough to have loads of money to give to charities or those less fortunate, but I do have other ways of helping. Soooo.... after much consideration and conversations late at night we have decided to do foster care! I know what some of you are thinking.. Im crazy! And that may be true... but I couldn't be more excited about it! This is a special type of foster care that only cares for newborn babies from the time they leave the hospital until they get adopted. Normally you will have

1st day of many 1st days

As many of you know, Hailey started preschool this week. This was a big transition for us, bigger for me than her I think :) We were lucky enough to go on a final mini vacation the days before school (but we will save that for another blog.) Mike just got some more vacation days so I was lucky enough to have him take off work and join me in taking our baby to school. Yes, I still same baby.. and she will always be my baby.. even when she has babies of her own. This is an argument we get into often.. she insists she's a big girl.. I insist she's my baby. I did NOT want to go alone on her first day, I would have been the mom sobbing the walk back her car. We dropped Hailey off, took lots of pictures and headed to starbucks.. it was the longest 3 hours of my life! I couldnt help to think of what my baby was doing, what she was learning, if she'd gotten into trouble yet, if she'd made friends and most importantly if she was having fun. I want this to be a good experien

Preschool!

After a lot of thought and consideration we've decided to enroll Hailey in preschool! This is not an easy decision for me, because I love being with her all day everyday but its just another stepping stone for the both of us. This will be the first of many! It is a christian preschool that is connected to the Lutheran church just down the road. Mike, Hailey and I got to meet with a few of the teachers, the secretary and the Pastor and I had good feelings from everyone there. Hailey got a tour of the school and she didn't want to leave! She loved all of the crafts and toys in every classroom. When we went back to the office to sign her up she was begging to go to the classroom with the teachers.. that made me feel good. She will be going Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-12. This will give me a chance to do the things at home that normally take time away from her so the rest of the day I can devote my time and attention to her, because that's what I want to do anyways! Wis