Skip to main content

Catching up

So I've decided to start a blog. I thought that this would be a good idea considering we don't get to see our friends and family often and this is a way for those of you who want to can stay in touch with our everyday lives. I'll start from last summer. In May of 2008 Mike was medically discharged from the Marines after 11 years. We then moved from North Carolina back home to Ohio. It really wasn't a "move" more or less a 3 month vacation visiting with family. I have to say that was and probably always will be one of my favorite summers ever! No work, all play! It was great for the grandparents to spend so much time with Hailey! Mike was offered a job in Maryland so we packed up and headed east again. The location was perfect for him because he was already working part time here at an airport. (you'll hear more about this later) Mike started his job in mid August and has been enjoying it for the most part. Since we've been here we have made some good friends from his work and from the airport. We have visited DC a couple of times which was neat for Mike because he had never been there before. We really like to visit Baltimore, love the harbor and its different from other cities I've been to. Its very clean and things are always going on.
In the spring Mike did an airshow at Cherry Point North Carolina. It was fun for us to go back to where we had lived and see some of our best friends. I loved loved loved the airshow! I was so proud of him when I saw Art flying the plane and there were people cheering! I know how hard their team is working on this and its so cool to actually see the harrier performing. I was a very proud wife that day! After the airshow Mike went on a short deployment on the USS George Bush... this was the first time the ship had gone out so that was exciting for him as well. While he was there Hailey and I headed to the Outer Banks to vacation with Mikes parents and grandparents. We had a great time!
As for right now we are just enjoying summer and planning Hailey's 2nd birthday! I cant believe my baby is going to be 2 years old!!! What a big girl she is. She is learning her shapes and colors and can even count to 10! Maybe all kids can do this but Im her mom so I like to believe that she is the smartest and the best :) She enjoys singing her abc's and twinkle twinkle little star is her favorite. I have so much I could say about her but I'll leave it to a minimum for now. We will be back shortly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Happiest Place on Earth!

I can not believe it has taken me 4 weeks to write this! But I want to make sure I write this now because I want to remember as much as I can! So... if you're not up for reading a long post today.. stop now haha! On May 19 we left for Florida to take Hailey to Disney World.. but Mike doesn't want me to forget that this was also his first time! Maryland weather wasn't so nice so to arrive in sunny Florida with Mickey Mouse could not have came at a better time! We had every hour of every day planned out.. not much time for rest or relaxation, but it was well worth it. The first day was probably my favorite day. I had envisioned Hailey walking into Magic Kingdom and just lighting up when she saw Cinderellas castle, mind you she had been talking about seeing the castle for months, well.... this didn't go exactly as planned. On the bus ride from the hotel to Magic Kingdom Hailey passed out, Im not talking little cat nap.. I mean could not wake her up she was so tired pas

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give"

"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something" We've been thinking a lot lately about "dreams." We all have dreams as we are growing up. My dreams have always been pretty simple; get married, have babies, and be fortunate enough to help those in need. I've gotten married, I've had a baby.. hopefully we will have more, and I've always done what I can to help friends and family. But lately I've been having this urge to do more. I'm not fortunate enough to have loads of money to give to charities or those less fortunate, but I do have other ways of helping. Soooo.... after much consideration and conversations late at night we have decided to do foster care! I know what some of you are thinking.. Im crazy! And that may be true... but I couldn't be more excited about it! This is a special type of foster care that only cares for newborn babies from the time they leave the hospital until they get adopted. Normally you will have

1st day of many 1st days

As many of you know, Hailey started preschool this week. This was a big transition for us, bigger for me than her I think :) We were lucky enough to go on a final mini vacation the days before school (but we will save that for another blog.) Mike just got some more vacation days so I was lucky enough to have him take off work and join me in taking our baby to school. Yes, I still same baby.. and she will always be my baby.. even when she has babies of her own. This is an argument we get into often.. she insists she's a big girl.. I insist she's my baby. I did NOT want to go alone on her first day, I would have been the mom sobbing the walk back her car. We dropped Hailey off, took lots of pictures and headed to starbucks.. it was the longest 3 hours of my life! I couldnt help to think of what my baby was doing, what she was learning, if she'd gotten into trouble yet, if she'd made friends and most importantly if she was having fun. I want this to be a good experien